Shalom Institute of Learning (SIL)
Shalom Institute of Learning is a training unit of Shalom Global Foundation. It was initiated particularly to provide training, to meet the changing needs and to overcome new challenges of Community based organizations. Educating, equipping and empowering them have become a matter of necessity due to the fast changing nature of the management world and government laws and rules. Following are the core activities of SIL:
MIP is a intensive training workshop for emerging NGOs. It focuses on equipping and empowering the leaders of organizations through training and mentoring.
There are 6 modules covered in MIP. The modules are;
- Financial Management
- Project Planning & Management
- Resource Mobilization
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership Development & Team Building
LRS is a time set apart from all activities where we learn to be quiet and have a meaningful and compassionate look at our own lives.
The following themes are the focus of the seminar:
- Your Own Learning History
- Time and Character
- Life in the Body
- Language & Personhood
- Faith & Hope
TOT workshops are conducted in order to equip the emerging leaders & trainers with skills & strategies and lead them toward becoming a better trainer/ Leader.
This workshop covers the following topics;
- Adult Learning Principle
- Setting Performance Objective
- Developing Content Plan
- Various Components of Learning Style
- Advantage of Small Group Activity
- Asking Question & Learning Environment
- How to Design and Present a Mini-Training Session
SYIS Workshops are designed to enhance the knowledge, attitudes and skills of individual life relating to family, co-workers, friends as well as those from other cultures.
This workshop sharpens your;
- Your listening skills
- Your conflict management skills
- Your problem solving skills
- Your stress management techniques
- Your trust-building skills
- Your grief management skills and more..
As an effort to enrich the emerging leaders and youngsters who are passionate in exploring and learning accounts, SIL provides six months “Diploma in Accountancy” program. This program covers Accounting Principles & Concepts, Accounting software – Tally, Transparency & Financial Accountability, Soft Skills & Spoken English, Office Management, Moral & Spiritual Enrichment.
This is designed for leaders to enhance their knowledge about the concept and differences between mentoring & coaching and helping them to develop a road map for cultivating the same culture among local organizations.
The specific objectives were to enable the CEOs to:
- Differentiate between the Coaching and Mentoring.
- Understand the structure and process of coaching.
- Acquire good coaching and mentoring practices and skills.
- Appreciate the advantages of Peer coaching and its positive influence on the growth potential of their mission organization.
- Learn through experiential exercises consulting each other as coaches and mentors.
- Develop road map for cultivating the culture of mentoring and coaching in their mission organization.
SGF focuses on community development also. To achieve this goal, SGF has formed a slum development committee in which involves the community to tackle various social problems problems, such as health, education, sanitation, water, etc. SGF also conducted seminars and training for the development of the communities in India like community workers training, master trainers training for local leaders, community health education training etc.
Leadership is an influential process. A effective leader is the one who shapes, regulates, controls and changes the attitudes, behaviour and performance of his people or community. Thus, SGF conducts training for local & community such as capacity building training, personality development, effective leadership, role of a leader in the community etc.
The grass root level training on Kitchen Garden project using Food Always In The House (FAITH) method is conducted among the rural farmers and health workers who work among the marginal groups. Faith gardens are edible gardens in any available space around the house. “Use what is available” is the principle of this gardening. This technique is helpful in the upliftment of the economic condition of the community. The training is focussed on preventing farmer suicides and providing nutritious food through Kitchen garden and backyard poultry through FAITH technology.
+911 45613032, +91 8130856646
Flat # 53, Pocket-3, Sector-12, Indraprastha Apartments, (Behind Sector 12 Market) Dwarka,
New Delhi-110 078, India.
7/297, Anandammal Shopping Complex, Inam Karisalkulam, Srivilliputhur Taluk, Virudhunagar District,
Tamil Nadu - 626 125, India.
Get In Touch